1. — Who is the boy over there?
— ______ is my brother.
A. He B. His C. Him D. Himself
2. — How many ______ are there in the international village?
A. Chinese B. Russian C. American D. German
3. — How are you today, Frank?
— Much ______, but my doctor says I’ll still have to rest for another few days.
A. well B. good C. best D. better
4. — How do you read “March 8”?
— It reads “______”.
A. March eight B. March the eighth
C. March eighth D. the eighth March
5. — Excuse me. Is there a bus stop nearby?
— Yes. Walk that way. The bus stop is _____ the left, _____ the supermarket.
A. at, cross from B. on, across from
C. in, across to D. to, cross to
6. She is__________ honest girl ______we all love her.
A. so, that B. such ,that C .such an, that D. too, to
7. — I don’t know how to use the digital camera.
— It doesn't matter. Here is the ________.
A. message B. instruction C. information D. advertisement
8. John asked his father _________he would buy a new computer or not.
A. if B. whether C. why D. who
9. This is the girl________ elder sister is a dancer.
A. who B. whose C. whom D. who
10. —Can you tell me _____ the price of the dress is?
—Yes, I’m glad to.
A. how much B. how many C. what D. how
11. It is important for him ________ this.
A. understand B. understanding C. understood D. to understand
12. _______ you study harder, you’ll never pass the final exam.
A. If B. Unless C. Until D. when
13. — Is it __________ English dictionary?
— Yes, and it is __________ useful one.
A. a; a B. a; an C. an; a D. an; an
14. — Is Jack in the supermarket?
— Maybe. I saw him ______ it with a shopping cart.
A. enter B. entered C. entering D. enters
15. The teacher told the student that the earth ______ round the sun.
A. move B. moves C. moved D. had moved
16. You don’t like to go boating, __________.
A. so do I. B. so I do. C. nor do I D. nor I do
17. It ________ delicious. I would like to eat it.
A. comes B. sounds C. looks D. tastes
18. — How many years is it since you left home?
— Ten years. I often ________ my hometown.
A. dream B. dream of C. dreaming D. dreamed
19. The old man lives ____, but he never feels ____.
A. lonely; alone B. alone; lonely C. lonely; lonely D. alone; alone
20. — Do you know anything about the college?
— Yes, but when and where to build it _____yet.
A. hasn’t been decided B. hasn’t decided
C. aren’t decided D. doesn’t decide
21. 一Lucy didn't come to school, did she?
一_________. She was ill and stayed in bed,
A. Yes, she did B. No, she did C. No, she doesn't D. No, she didn't
22. He was born ___________ .
A. at a cold night B. on a cold night C. in a cold night D. for a cold night
23. You had better ________ your shoes _________.
A. to have; mended B. have ; mended C. have ; mending D. to have; mending
24. He saved money ___________ he could buy a birthday present for his mother.
A. for B. so that C. such that D. in order
25. He didn’t say ________ the next day.
A. where will he go B. where he will go to
C. where he would go D. where would he go
26. I want my friends to enjoy ________ at the dinner party.
A. itself B. himself C. herself D. themselves
27. The car accident ________ last week.
A. happens B. has happened C. was happened D. happened
28. _______ beautiful song they are singing!
A. What B. How a C. What a D. How
29. Tom’s father often has lunch at the factory, _______?
A. has he B. hasn’t he C. does he D. doesn’t he
30. Paul, as well as his brothers, _______ a big eater.
A. is B. are C. has D. have
Drive for busy restaurant some evening and weekend work
All meals are free
House for Sale
￥150, 000, built in 1995
The house with 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, a living room, a kitchen and a breakfast room. It’s on the south side of the city.
Yingbin Supermarket, the biggest shopping centre in our city will open on July 8, 2013. Everybody with today’s Tianjin Daily will get a small present that day. You are welcome.
Add: No.6 Huanghe Road, Tianjin Daily June 1, 2013
Rose’s Special Concert
Time: 2 p.m., July 3, Saturday
Place: People’s Stadium
Ticket Price: 150 yuan for adults; 70 yuan for students
June 25, 2013
31. If you work as a driver in the restaurant, you may ______.
A. never pay for meals B. pay a little for meals
C. work on weekends D. work in the afternoon
32. If you buy the house, you ______.
A. may pay more than ￥150, 000 for it
B. must have breakfast in the kitchen
C. have to take a bath in the public bathroom
D. may live on the south side of the city
33. Any customer with a Tianjin Daily of June 1, 2013 will get a small present from ____.
A. every supermarket B. People’s Stadium
C. Tianjin Daily D. Yingbin Supermarket
34. When will the concert be?
A. Julu1, 2013 B. June 8, 2013
C. July 3, 2013 D. June 25, 2013
35. If two adults and two students want to go to the concert, the tickets will cost RMB______.
A. 220 yuan B. 440 yuan C. 270 yuan D. 370 yuan
There are many ways of putting out a fire. You may have seen people put out burning cigarettes by stepping on them. Stepping on cigarettes shuts off the air and puts out the fire.
Many fires are put out with water. Water cools the materials that are burning. It helps make the fire die out. Some of the water is changed into steam when it strikes the hot fire. The steam keeps air from the fire and helps put it out.
Some fires cannot be put out with water. Suppose a tank full of gasoline（汽油）is on fire. Gasoline is lighter than water. If you poured water into the tank of gasoline, the water would sink to the bottom of the tank. The gasoline would float on top of the water on the fire and flow over the edge of the tank. Then the fire would spread. Gasoline fires should be put out with sand or with chemicals of some kind, such as that used in some fire extinguishers.
36. People often put out burning cigarettes by stepping on them. This is because _______.
A. the burning cigarettes are too hot to touch
B. they have no other way
C. it shuts off the air and makes the fire go out
D. it helps to stop smoking
37. ________ the fires can be put out with water.
A. All of B. Some of C. None of D. Few of
38. According to paragraph 2, what will happen to the water if it is poured on the fire?
A. All of the water will disappear.
B. Most of the water will flow away.
C. The water will be absorbed by the fire.
D. Some of the water will turn into steam and keep air from the fire.
39. Gasoline fire should be put out ________.
A. with hot water B. with nothing but sand
C. only with some chemicals D. with sand or chemicals
40. Why will the water sink to the bottom of the tank when it is poured into the tank of gasoline?
A. Because gasoline is much hotter than water.
B. Because water can burn.
C. Because gasoline is less heavy than water.
D. Because water cannot flow as quickly as gasoline.
41. —Let me introduce myself. I’m Albert.
—__________ __________ meet you.
42. —May I __________ your __________?
— Yes, I’d like a steak.
43. —What can I do for you?
—I’m __________ __________ a coat for my son.
44. — Have a nice day, Tony.
—__________ __________ to you.
45. —What’s __________ __________ you?
—I’ve got a headache.
Please read the requirements of the annual meeting.
Our company will hold an annual meeting on December 31st , 2015. We hope this meeting will be an easy and pleasant one. Everyone will be impressed by it. In the meeting, we will summarize the past and look into the future. There will be nearly 200 people attending the meeting and everyone will get a gift. We prefer to hold this meeting in the evening, so there should be some food and drinks available. Our aim is to hold the most wonderful annual meeting with the least money, and the cost had better be about RMB 70,000.
Please read the following information about the three plans.
Hello, everyone! We think that holding a wonderful annual meeting needs good ideas. We will rent a forest park to hold the party in the open, which can contain a large number of people. You can communicate with your partners and your friends freely in the natural and fresh air. We'll provide some food and drinks. At the end of the meeting, the manager will hand out gifts to everyone. If needed, we can rent a coach to send you to the park. The total cost is about RMB 100,000 (excluding renting a coach).
Good afternoon, everyone! We will hold a costume ball. If you have a meeting room big enough to hold 300 people, we can decorate it. We will send gifts to those who attend the meeting. We can provide some light drinks, like cola and juice, but food is not available at the ball. The expense of the meeting is RMB50,000 (excluding renting a hall and clothes).
Good afternoon, everyone! We will have a buffet dinner party to hold this annual meeting in a five-star hotel which can seat 500 people. During the party, each department should give a performance. At the end of the party, everyone will get a gift. The cost is RMB 75,000 including the transportation fare (excluding renting a coach).
Complete the following worksheet.
Expense of the meeting
Places of the meeting
Rent a 47.____________ to hold the party in the open
Rent a hall to hold a 48._____________
have a buffet dinner party in a 50.__________
1. Which plan do you choose for the company’s annual meeting?
2. Why have you chosen the company's annual meeting plan? And please give the reasons why you have chosen t his one and haven't chosen the other two.
2010-2016 高职单招网, All Rights Reserved. | 渝ICP备12003004号-2 | 渝公网备 50010502000110 | 客服热线：400-0509-023 | 023-88190008 | 广告投放热线：18523810203 | 招商加盟 热线：15025359797